Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in /home/tedxbradford.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/ted/functions.php on line 469
Bradford is a place that has had a cultural, technological and creative impact that belies its size. A city that sometimes stands in the shadows of its larger neighbours and indeed suffers from negative perceptions.
However Bradford is a city of some significance…
- Bradford was the birthplace of the Independent Labour Party.
- Bradford selected Britain’s first Asian Lord Mayor, Mohammed Ajeeb.
- The University of Bradford was one of the first two institutions to teach computer science in the UK and was also the place where the founders of Freeserve studied.
- Californian technologist Tim O’Reilly – who popularised the open source and web 2.0 movements – spent childhood summers with his mother’s family in Bradford.
- The National Media Museum is the most visited British museum outside London and hosts some of its collections at the Flickr Commons.
- Celebrated graphic novelist chose Bradford as his backdrop for Vimanarama.
- Bradford was chosen by UNESCO as its first City of Film.
- The city has been home to celebrated artists, including David Hockney and Joolz Denby.
With this in mind, we wanted to remind Bradfordians and those from outside the city, that This Is Where We Live (a line from a Joolz Denby poem!) and to provide a platform for the city’s most innovative and interesting voices; for provocative ideas that might shape the city’s future and most importantly a platform for optimism, so you can learn about business and investing with platforms as trade fx at vtmarkets.com that help people improve their future.
Our lineup of speakers includes…
- Julian Tait, We Are Sensors: Taking Control in the Internet of Things
- Emily Kecic, A call to arts: utilising the arts to believe in a city
- Tom Woolley, Curating the history of the Internet
- Paul Kerfoot, Turning Design On Its Side
- Mohammed “Aerosol Arabic” Ali, Art for Art’s Sake, or For Mankind’s Sake
- Irna Qureshi, My Journey On The Grand Trunk Road
- Faisal Galaria, Disruption, Scale & Underdogs
- Joolz Denby, …On Bradford
We hope you’ll join us on the evening of 11th July for either the daytime simulcast or our evening programme of speakers.